Customer Communication and Why It Matters
At SERVPRO® of Central Oklahoma City, we value communication both on our end as well as the customer’s side. Without clearly communicating the problem, we will not be able to find an effective solution.
That’s why we hope to provide you with some tips on how to best take advantage of communication:
- Call immediately. The longer you wait with water, fire or mold damage, the worse the situation will become. That’s why it’s best to act as soon as you notice something wrong in your household. Luckily, our emergency services are open 24/7, ready to answer any burning questions and rush to your side for assistance in any area.
- Be ready for questions. When you call our emergency services, our professionals will ask you questions, which will help us figure out what equipment or resources will be necessary to bring as well as how many trained experts will be needed at the site. In preparing for these questions, think of the typical Who, What, When, Where and How prompts — who are you (your name and contact information), what happened (present the issue or problem), when did it happen (if you can provide the time the issue occurred), where it happened (the home address where the damage occurred), and how it happened (if you know the cause, provide it).
- Provide essential information. Our professionals may also ask you about your insurance plan and everything it covers. Make sure to have that information on hand as well as let them know if there will be electricity on site.
- Be as detailed as possible. The more information we have, the better we can help and provide effective services. Before we arrive, provide all necessary information so we know what we’re getting into. During the visit, feel free to guide us around and provide more contextual information.
- Follow up if necessary. If another issue arises after we finish our restoration process, make sure to immediately contact us so we can return and figure out what went wrong. Our goal is to make life easier for you.
- Give feedback. Nobody wants to take the post-service survey or leave a review because it takes time, but it helps both us and potential customers in the future. Giving feedback lets us know what we could improve on and affirms services and processes that we should continue for our company.
You’ve heard it tons of times, but communication truly is key. Without it, we would never know how to effectively provide quality services to our customers and connect with them in a way that matters.